- Tiesto to Headline Annual Wake the Giant Spring Concert
- HBO’s hottest series, Westworld leaves us hangin’
- Neutral Zone: 2/22/17
- Dissecting the Bobcats
- Hot Hoops: 02/22/17
- Quinnipiac women’s golf using state of the art technology to practice indoors
- The Morning After: 2/21/17
- SPB Weekly Update: 2/20/17
- Who’s That President?
- For Quinnipiac men’s lacrosse, family and love is the recipe for success
SGA Weekly Update 02/01/17
- Updated: February 1, 2017
The following information was discussed at the weekly general board meeting of the Student Government Association on February 1, 2017.
By: Anna Sackel
- ‘Expressing Support for President Lahey to sign the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) Program and Undocumented Quinnipiac Students Statement.’
- 617 College and University presidents have signed the statement which asks for Donald Trump to keep DACA enacted.
- Lahey has not signed the statement.
- 169 Quinnipiac faculty members have signed a petition calling for Lahey to sign it.
- SGA officially calls on Lahey to sign the statement supporting DACA.
Change to the Creed
- The current student creed, or ‘Legend of the Bobcat,’ starts off saying “The Indian spirit, Hobbamock.”
- SGA voted to change the word ‘Indian’ to ‘Algonquin’ becuase they felt the word, ‘Indian’ was offensive.
- Algonquin is the name of the tribe that covers the land Quinnipiac is on.
- State of the QUnion has been moved to Feb. 22 at 4:30 p.m.
- There will be active shooter training implemented into Quinnipiac’s new student orientation program. Specific details will be released at a later date.
- The Student Speak event, an open mic style program, is set for Feb. 13 at 5 p.m. in the student center piazza.
- The vacant spots on the sophomore and junior class cabinets will be filled at next weeks general meeting via special election.