- Tiesto to Headline Annual Wake the Giant Spring Concert
- HBO’s hottest series, Westworld leaves us hangin’
- Neutral Zone: 2/22/17
- Dissecting the Bobcats
- Hot Hoops: 02/22/17
- Quinnipiac women’s golf using state of the art technology to practice indoors
- The Morning After: 2/21/17
- SPB Weekly Update: 2/20/17
- Who’s That President?
- For Quinnipiac men’s lacrosse, family and love is the recipe for success
Public safety responds to emergency on Mount Carmel campus
- Updated: January 29, 2017
By: Anna Sackel
Quinnipiac public safety responded to a medical emergency on Bobcat Way near the Irma residence hall on the Mount Carmel campus on Sunday night.
According to public safety, the Hamden fire department and American Medical Response arrived on scene a little before 7:15 p.m.
“We responded with several officers and closed the road as soon as possible,” Quinnipiac public safety officer, Sergeant Robert Vignola, said.
The student, whose name was not released, had a pre-existing medical condition and was brought to a nearby hospital for treatment.
Vignola said the student was “conscious and alert upon leaving.”
According to a student who witnessed the aftermath of the event, a group of students were surrounding a girl lying on the sidewalk. After some time, the girl was sitting up and talking to the emergency crew.