- Former Quinnipiac forward AJ Sumbry will transfer to Wagner
- Former men’s basketball forward Justin Harris signs with the Alpha Agency
- Conti and Harris to participate in Gotham Hoops Invitational
- Quinnipiac men’s basketball adds JUCO forward Donovan Smith
- University seeks to expand housing on York Hill campus
- Quinnipiac topples No. 2 seed Canisius to advance to MAAC semifinals
- Billboard Music Awards 2015 Recap
- Students have fun at the Senior Send-Off
- Former Quinnipiac Director of Athletics and Recreation Jack McDonald jumps at opportunity with University of New England
- Highs and lows of Quinnipiac’s undergraduate commencement ceremonies
Tanner MacMaster commits to Quinnipiac ice hockey
- Updated: February 18, 2014
While the season continues for the Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey team, Rand Pecknold and his staff received a commit for the 2014-2015 season. A Calgary resident, Tanner MacMaster has officially chosen to play for the Bobcats next season.
MacMaster originally planned on attending Boston College for his collegiate career, but that changed as Chris Heisenberg reported on Twitter this evening that MacMaster de-committed from Boston College and officially joined Quinnipiac.
AJHL Tanner MacMaster now committed to Quinnipiac.
— Chris Heisenberg (@CHeisenberg) February 18, 2014
MacMaster has spent the last three seasons playing in the Alberta Junior Hockey League (AJHL) for the Camrose Kodiaks. He has compiled a total of 90 points for the Kodiaks since the 2011-2012 season, including his 40 points in 46 games played this season.
MacMaster will come to Quinnipiac as a forward and will likely be one of the replacements for Connor and Kellen Jones who graduate from Quinnipiac this spring.
Follow Q30 Sports on Twitter!