- “Trainwreck” puts a twist on the traditional romantic comedy: Movie review
- Quinnipiac first to host Camp No Limits
- Scott Burrell accepts SCSU job; Mike Papale reportedly will follow
- Ardito, Mazzotta join women’s ice hockey staff
- QuinniPeople: Erik Panzer, orientation staff looking ahead
- Former Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey star inks NHL deal
- Laden, Darkangelo among first signed in Connecticut Whale franchise history
- Former women’s basketball star Samantha Guastella signs to play professionally in Europe
- QuinniPeople: Alexa Farrell to compete in Miss Connecticut pageant
- Quinnipiac announces the passing of a school of business student
Tanner MacMaster commits to Quinnipiac ice hockey
- Updated: February 18, 2014
While the season continues for the Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey team, Rand Pecknold and his staff received a commit for the 2014-2015 season. A Calgary resident, Tanner MacMaster has officially chosen to play for the Bobcats next season.
MacMaster originally planned on attending Boston College for his collegiate career, but that changed as Chris Heisenberg reported on Twitter this evening that MacMaster de-committed from Boston College and officially joined Quinnipiac.
AJHL Tanner MacMaster now committed to Quinnipiac.
— Chris Heisenberg (@CHeisenberg) February 18, 2014
MacMaster has spent the last three seasons playing in the Alberta Junior Hockey League (AJHL) for the Camrose Kodiaks. He has compiled a total of 90 points for the Kodiaks since the 2011-2012 season, including his 40 points in 46 games played this season.
MacMaster will come to Quinnipiac as a forward and will likely be one of the replacements for Connor and Kellen Jones who graduate from Quinnipiac this spring.
Follow Q30 Sports on Twitter!